A 1 day belt making course and forest experience
Do you like working with your hands, well come and join us on our 1 day belt making course, it is held at the „WALDWERKSATT“ in Munich‘s Perlacher Forst forest in the summer and in winter in my "UPDN LEATHERGOODS " workshop . In the morning I shall explain about our eco friendly vegetable tanned leather and show you the basics of making a belt and teach you how to stitch like a saddler. You start with a plain belt hide and we shall tool or customize your leather belt, then dye it and add the buckle and finish off the edges. At the end of the course you get to take your very own HANDMADE BELT home to show your family and friends. The workshop is set in the forest and we can really have fun with hammering and dying without having to worry about the mess!. During the day I shall make you a light lunch with Brezn & Obatzen in the wooden wagon and we can sit under the trees with a cool beer during lunchtime....There are toilet huts and lots of outdoor space....and I will be there till dusk.....so no worry about finishing in a hurry.
What you can experience on the updn belt making course
- be taught how to customize and tool your own belt;
- belt dying techniques;
- hand edge finishing techniques for your vegetable tanned belt
- lots of fresh air and fun in the forest, an eager teacher and a very relaxed atmosphere, have fun on this handmade experience;
COURSE INFORMATION and dates
- handmade all day experience for guys and gals; make a belt in a day!
- participants; minimum 3 to 4 and a maximum of 8 people
- price; €160 - includes material and light lunch (Bretzn, Obatzen & a cool beer)
- please bring; a belt that fits you, drinks and a pullover
- where; "WALDWERKSTATT" - Münchner-Kindl-Weg 52, 81547 München in the summer months and in winter in my „UPDN LEATHERGOODS“ workshop in Kastanienstrasse 13, 81547 München.
- when; - check the dates on the booking page , link below.
- booking here; updn leather goods - book workshop here!